8 International Airports With Insane Workout Facilities and Spas
Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
CHANGI AIRPORT, Singapore
We're just going to start off with the créme de la créme of airports because there's no sense in playing games when there's a clear winner. Changi Airport in Singapore is routinely voted the best airport in the
INCHEON AIRPORT, South Korea
Another frequently voted best airport in the world, Incheon Airport includes a "typical Korean street" available for strolling as we
HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, China
Guests can drop the kids off at the Dream Come True Education Park (because letting kids roam free in an ai
SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, California
Our sister site has the breakdown of all the shopping amenities available, but in
SCHIPHOL AIRPORT, Amsterdam
Many airports have gyms a taxi-ride away, like La Guardia's Rock Health and Fitness club (rock wall, belly dancing, yoga, etc.) or LAX's Flag Courtyard facilities (18 hole golf course, yoga, tai chi), but Sc
ZURICH AIRPORT, Switzerland
For stretching legs between flights, Zurich offers bikes, inline skates, and Nordic poles rentals for exploring outside the airport.
BWI AIRPORT, Baltimore, Maryland
Besides your usual run-of-mill spas and meditation rooms, BWI is also encircled by a 12-mile paved hiking/biking trail. Unlike, say, the Dallas LiveWell Walking Path, it's actually outdoors, where actual
ABU DHABI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, Dubai
Besides free international magazines and newspapers,
A lot of travelers think that layovers are only good for drinking. That's not entirely true. Thanks to a ton of newfangled airport amenities, travelers can drink and do activities. Whether stopping in Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam or Hong Kong, the possibilities for entertainment, REM, peace, or sweat sessions are incredibly vast. Check out some of the most convenient and eye-opening airport amenities below and don't forget to board your plane, as painful as that may be.
And now, each of the Racked cities, home to their own airports with stellar shopping options, share the best ways to waste time during a domestic lay-over:
· Boston's Logan Airport boasts Vineyard Vines (for culturally appropriate gifting) and signature jewelry from Alex and Ani.
· Head here for shopping and beauty destinations in JFK in New York. Highlights include Muji To Go, Clinique, and Benefit vending machines for shopping, and Bvlgari, Cartier, and Hermes for browsing.
· LAX shopping includes Fred Segal, Kitson, and Tom Bradley, now host to the largest airport beauty floor in the country.
· While BWI is ahead of the game where outdoor trails are concerned, our Racked DC editor laments the lack of shopping at this and the rest of the capitol's airports. But Kiehl's might just be enough.
· PHL Airport in Philly has your wallet-friendly accessories and all-American prep-wear taken care of.
· Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport spas are really the go-to, but there's also a Harley-Davidson shop and a novelty boxer shop called Mr. Boxer.
· Behold the glory of Chicago's O'Hare Airport Terminal 5.
· As promised, San Francisco SFO Airport's best shopping from Burberry to more local shops.